Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 1: Husband Encouragement Challenge

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12 To refresh your memory . . . here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge: for the next 30 days:
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband/husband-to-be . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband. . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.

One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

2 comments:

Dale and Jamie said...

Dale just started the day shift 3 weeks ago for the first time in 6 years. It was a little difficult the first week trying to mash our daily routines together since we were so used to doing our own things and didn't know how to accomodate each other. Things are going much better in the evenings with Dale and I. He’s been so much help and extra sensitive to my needs. I’ve just been feeling so worn out, tired, and sore by the end of the day, and he has really been stepping up so I can relax. (By the way, the comment is going to say from "Dale and Jamie," but that's just because my blogspot account had both of our names on it from when we used to have our own blog.)

Tara said...

It's so sweet that Dale is so considerate and really stepping up to help you out! I can't imagine how exhausted you must be! Praying for you as you guys keep adjusting to this new schedule and routine.

I think this challenge is going to be so good for my marriage. I usually do okay when it comes to complimenting Bill and trying not to say negative things about him to others. Where I really struggle is on my "internal conversation" about Bill. When I start going down the path of negative thoughts about Bill, my attitude toward him also takes a nose dive. Starting this week, I'm going to really working on redirecting my thoughts, or better yet offering them to God, when they start going down the "argh, he is so . . ." path. I think this is going to make a big difference for me personally.

Ok, so for what I really appreciate about Bill today. . . He really does everything he can to take care of our family. From going to work every day to splitting firewood in the evening when he would really rather take a break to reading to Ian and turning on my electric blanket for me at night, he shows love by doing things. I really want to appreciate that about him more and also speak to his love language by doing things specifically for him.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio